Section 1 defines reclamation and provides some background information on the subject.
Section 2 covers an RDFI's liability in the reclamation process. Topics include full and limited liability, calculating the limited liability amount, and exceptions to the liability rule.
Section 3 gives RDFIs guidance on processing reclamations and provides an updated contact list for individuals needing additional information/assistance with reclamations.
(available in PDF format only)
Chapter 5: Reclamations (267 kb)
Contents - Chapter 5
- Section 1: Background 5-3
- Section 2: Liability of a Receiving Depository
Financial Institution (RDFI) 5-4
- A. Full Liability 5-4
- B. Limiting Liability 5-4
- C. Calculating the Limited Liability Amount 5-4
- Section 3: Reclamation Procedures 5-6
- A. Notification of Death 5-6
- B. Notice of Reclamation 5-8
- C. Errors in Death 5-17
- D. Subsequent Notice of Reclamations 5-20
- E. Contacts 5-28