Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
The Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) Program is designed to provide jobs and training opportunities to veterans. Federal agencies may noncompetitively hire eligible and qualified veterans who received other than a dishonorable discharge and meet job qualifications.
At the end of a two-year period from the VRA, a veteran will be converted provided work performance and conduct are deemed at an acceptable level.
The following individuals are eligible for a VRA appointment:
- Disabled veterans;
- Veterans who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized;
- Veterans who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a military operation for which the Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; and
- Veterans separated from active duty within the past 3 years.
There is no minimum service requirement, but the individual must have served on active duty, not active duty for training.
Maximum Entry Grade Level
The veteran must meet the qualification requirements for the position. Qualified VRA eligibles may be appointed to positions up to GS-11 or equivalent.
USAJobs Hiring Path Information: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/veterans/
For additional information, please contact:
- USA Jobs
- Bureau of the Fiscal Service Home Page
- Job Information
- Audix: 304-480-6144
- For deaf and/or hard-of-hearing individuals:
304-480-8725 - TDD
Interpreter services are available for employees.
- Employment Services Division, Applicant Call Center
304-480-7300 - General Information