Employment for Individuals with Disabilities
The federal government has a special employment program for individuals with disabilities. Through this special program, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) will accept applications from qualified disabled individuals for any job vacancy announced with the area of consideration listed as "All Status."
Candidates who are interested in learning about current Fiscal Service job opportunities have several options:
- Access electronic information via computer to obtain employment information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through USA Jobs.
- Contact the Rehabilitation Services Office. A counselor may assist in locating a vacancy that fits particular skills, abilities, and career goals.
- Use a touch-tone phone to dial 304-480-6144 to access a recorded listing of current job opportunities.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service's All Status vacancies are typically posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days, although there may be some exceptions. Checking announcements once a week is normally sufficient to keep apprised of new or continuing vacancy announcements.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a complete application package for each vacancy. Each package must include the following information:
- Application (e.g., Optional Application for Federal Employment, OF-612; Application for Federal Employment, SF-171; or résumé). Note: Applicants who wish to submit a résumé should consult the OF 510 brochure entitled "Applying for a Federal Job". The brochure can be obtained at http://www.opm.gov/forms/.
- A letter from a State Vocational Rehabilitation agency or the Veterans Administration detailing the nature and extent of the disability and certifying that the applicant is physically able to perform the duties of the particular position.
- Any other required information listed on the vacancy announcement.
- To claim veteran preference, submit a copy of the Form DD 214, Report of Separation from Active Duty. To claim 10-point preference, also submit an SF 15, Application for 10-point Veteran Preference, along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF 15 form.
For additional information, please contact:
- USA Jobs
- Bureau of the Fiscal Service Home Page
- Job Information
- Audix: 304-480-6144
- For deaf and/or hard-of-hearing individuals:
304-480-8725 - TDD
Interpreter services are available for employees.
- Bureau of the Fiscal Service
Treasury Franchise Employment Services Branch
200 Third Street - Avery 2H
Parkersburg, WV 26106
304-480-7300 - General Information
- Local State Vocational Rehabilitation Offices:
In the Parkersburg area contact:
West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services
Parkersburg Branch Office
400 Fifth Street
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission
Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation
86 Columbus Road
Athens, OH 45701
Last modified 07/30/18