Benefits & Features
Benefits of Using IPP
IPP helps federal agencies avoid Prompt Payment penalties by supporting more efficient invoice processing while automating invoice collection, validation and approval workflows. Vendors can manage their receivables more easily using one system to transact with multiple agencies.
- IPP saves federal agencies and vendors time and money by automating formerly paper-based processes and it's offered at no charge.
- IPP partners with Treasury's Do Not Pay business center to help prevent, reduce and stop improper payments.
- IPP provides one integrated, secure platform located outside of agencies' core financial systems.
- IPP improves financial management by promoting standard processes to manage government invoices with increased controls.
- IPP is configurable to support agencies' business rules and is compatible with existing business systems.
- IPP is supported by the Treasury Department, which oversees all upgrades and enhancements.
IPP is a secure online platform outside federal agencies' core financial systems that centralizes all invoice transaction data and documents in one place.
IPP more efficiently manages government invoicing from purchase order (PO) through payment notification.
IPP offers modules federal agencies can adopt together, alone or in phases, to achieve more effective invoice processing.
- Electronic Purchase Orders: Agencies can upload purchase orders (PO) from their business systems, notify vendors when they post a new PO and give vendors online access to POs, which results in greater visibility into all transaction data and documents associated with a PO.
- Electronic Invoices: IPP gives vendors multiple ways to submit invoices, such as by pre-populating invoices with data from POs within the system, creating invoices online without a PO or using electronic file submission.
- Automated Workflow: IPP automates and supports a sophisticated invoice approval process by offering multiple approval steps and options to delegate, reassign or escalate an invoice if it is not processed promptly.
- Payment Notification Service: Vendors can check payment status online, or choose to receive emails with a simple notification of payment or detailed remittance information. This service reduces payment status inquiries and enables vendors to more easily manage their receivables and match payments to specific invoices.
- Standards-Compliant: IPP is compliant with the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16 (SSAE 16), Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization (formerly, SAS 70).