OTCnet Release 4.7 Part 1 Overview
The U.S. Treasury Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) Over the Counter Division (OTCD) is updating the Over-the-Counter Channel Application (OTCnet) to Release 4.7 Part 1 in September 2023, which introduces the following updates:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for OTCnet Offline Users: To support Cybersecurity Executive Order (EO) 14028, OTCnet will utilize a two-factor authentication log-in process beginning with Release 4.7. OTCnet Offline Users will be prompted to set up a two-factor authentication the first time they sign into OTCnet Version 4.7 Offline using Time-based one-time password (TOTP) as the secondary authenticator.
- Changes to User ID when displaying during OTCnet Offline login page: The OTCnet User IDs will now be displayed next to the Welcome message upon logging into the OTCnet application. Users who have multiple user accounts on the same computer will easily identify the account being accessed.
- Manage Master Verification Database (MVD) to handle "%" Special Character in the User Defined Field (UDF): OTCnet will disable the “%” special character validation rule when editing MVD records so that the agency can complete the MVD record updates successfully.
- Offline to Online Authentication Password: OTCnet introduces the “Create Check Capture Override and Online Authentication Password” process. This allows OTCnet Offline users to authenticate to the Online server. This replaces the need to use their previous online password for download endpoints, download users, download LVD, batch upload, and batch acknowledgement.
- Extend Session Timeout to 30 Minutes in OTCnet Offline: The session timeout in the Offline application will be extended to 30 minutes which prevents unnecessary timeouts due to inactivity.