Daily Treasury Statement
This data is moving to FiscalData.Treasury.gov where it is available for download in multiple machine-readable formats with complete metadata!
The Daily Treasury Statement summarizes the US Treasury’s cash and debt operations for the Federal Government on a modified cash basis. Deposits are reported as received and withdrawals are reported as processed.
The DTS presents a summary of:
- Operating Cash Balance
- Deposits and Withdrawals of Operating Cash
- Public Debt Transactions
- Federal Tax Deposits
- Short-Term Cash Investments
- Income Tax Refunds Issued
The information is provided by Federal Reserve Banks, Treasury Regional Financial Centers, Internal Revenue Service Centers, Bureau of the Fiscal Service and various electronic systems. Treasury’s operating cash is maintained in an account at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service is modernizing the Daily Treasury Statement (DTS) to better align its reporting with the Monthly Treasury Statement (MTS).
The following changes will occur for the DTS date of 09/21/20, published on 09/22/20:
- Change the name of Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. to DOL – Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. in Table 2 (deposit and withdrawal). This line will show daily.
- Change the name of Unemployment to State Unemployment Insurance Deposits in Table 2 (deposit side).
- Change the name of Unemployment Insurance Benefits to DOL – Unemployment Benefits in Table 2 (withdrawal side).
- Change the name of Labor Dept. prgms (excl. unemployment) to Dept of Labor (DOL) – misc in Table 2 (withdrawal side).
- Add a Dept of Labor (DOL) – misc. line to show previous data reported to Unclassified related to the Department of Labor not reported in another category (deposit side). This line will show daily.
- Deposit Insurance Fund, FSLIC Resolution Funds (RTC), and FSLIC Resolution Funds lines will be combined into a new Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) line in Table 2 (deposit and withdrawal). This line will show daily.
- District of Columbia reporting will show daily in Table 2 (deposit and withdrawal).
Stay up to Date with the Daily Treasury Statement
Subscribe to e-mail notifications!Join the Mailing List
(Selecting this button generates an e-mail message with everything filled in – just send the message. You will receive a confirmation message from the list in 15 minutes. If the e-mail does not appear, see our alternate instructions)