Daily Treasury Statement
This data is moving to FiscalData.Treasury.gov where it is available for download in multiple machine-readable formats with complete metadata! The formats include CSV, JSON and XML. The CSV and JSON formats replace the Excel and text formats currently available on this site.
The Daily Treasury Statement summarizes the US Treasury’s cash and debt operations for the Federal Government on a modified cash basis. Deposits are reported as received and withdrawals are reported as processed.
The DTS presents a summary of:
- Operating Cash Balance
- Deposits and Withdrawals of Operating Cash
- Public Debt Transactions
- Federal Tax Deposits
- Short-Term Cash Investments
- Income Tax Refunds Issued
The information is provided by Federal Reserve Banks, Treasury Regional Financial Centers, Internal Revenue Service Centers, Bureau of the Fiscal Service and various electronic systems. Treasury’s operating cash is maintained in an account at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service is modernizing the Daily Treasury Statement (DTS) to better align its reporting with the Monthly Treasury Statement (MTS).
The following changes will occur for the DTS date of 07/19/21, published on 07/20/2021:
- Change the name of the Supplemental Security Income to SSA – Supplemental Security Income in Table 2 (deposit side). This line will show daily and show data related to the Supplemental Security Income Program.
- Reporting previously reported to Supplemental Security Income, but not related to the Supplemental Security Income Program will be reported to Social Security Admin (SSA) – misc along with additional SSA data previously reported to Unclassified - Deposits in Table 2 (deposit side).
- Change the name of the Supple. Security Income Benefits (EFT) to SSA – Supplemental Security Income in Table 2 (withdrawal side). This line will show daily.
- Change the name of the Social Security Benefits (EFT) to SSA - Benefits Payments in Table 2 (withdrawal side). This line will show daily.
- Reporting previously reported to Unclassified will be reported to Social Security Admin (SSA) – misc in Table 2 (withdrawal side) This line will show daily.
- The line Interest recd from cash investments will be removed Table 2 (deposit side).
Stay up to Date with the Daily Treasury Statement
Subscribe to e-mail notifications!Join the Mailing List
(Selecting this button generates an e-mail message with everything filled in – just send the message. You will receive a confirmation message from the list in 15 minutes. If the e-mail does not appear, see our alternate instructions)