Do Not Pay Analytics Services
Do Not Pay (DNP) Analytics, part of the DNP Business Center, provides custom analyses to meet customers' business needs. DNP's analytics services are provided at no cost to the customer. Analytics Implementation Guide
DNP conducts analytics projects to:
- identify deceased payees, individuals, and vendors who are ineligible to receive federal and state benefits,
- detect data quality issues and process improvements in areas where internal controls are not effectively preventing improper payments,
- carry out other custom analyses which are tailored to the customer's business problems and business rules.
DNP Analytics conducts a variety of projects that are related to the identification of improper payments. Recent projects have included the following types of analyses:
- Vendor and individual eligibility verification
- Deceased payee analysis (including projects using the Death Record Confidence Scoring Tool - see Death Record Confidence Scoring Tool section)
- Data quality and integrity checks
- Business risk assessment
- Payment accuracy
- Vendor consolidation
- Cross-agency analysis
DNP Analytics conducts analytics projects for the following entities and initiatives:
- Federal agencies
- Federal oversight groups
- Federally funded, state-administered programs
- State oversight groups
- Enterprise customers
DNP is constantly conducting pilot projects, such as data pilots.
If you would like to participate in any of our pilots, please send email to email@example.com (*all fields required)
- *Contact Name:
- *Contact Email:
- *Agency Name:
- *Program Name:
- *Describe why you would be interested in participating:
Additional Data Analytics Resources:
The DRC Scoring Tool enables DNP to effectively identify deceased individuals within a dataset, and helps customers understand which payments are most at risk of being issued to a deceased payee.
The Eligibility Tool uses a suite of death and eligibility data sources to return matches that are prioritized and ranked, which enables DNP customers to review more conclusive matches.
The Medicaid Screening Service (MSS) provides an analysis of your Medicaid clients, allowing you to prevent and recover improper payments.
Benefits of MSS
- Identify deceased clients and cease Managed Care payments for ineligible clients
- Identify any quality or integrity issues within your data such as duplicate or invalid SSNs
- Continually screen clients at a frequency that suits your needs for timely case development
- View clients prioritized by risk of death and urgency of adjudication
The Cross-Agency Analysis identifies situations where an individual is receiving simultaneous benefit payments from multiple federal programs, which could result in an improper payment.
This analysis uncovers these instances and determines the amount of overlapping payments this individual has received.
Customers can use the results to stop improper payments to these individuals as well as recover improper payments previously paid to these people.
The DNP Analytics team is comprised of data analysts and data scientists, who are experts in complex analyses and data wrangling.
The analytics team includes analytics consultants who serve as liaisons between the customer and the project team to ensure that the analysis conducted is exactly aligned to the customer's expectations.
Analytics projects conducted by DNP are centered on a customer’s data set. The analytics team uses the customer's data in conjunction with the data sources available to DNP to generate analytics results and report actionable findings.