Section 3: Information Requests
This section consists of the following topics:
- How to Request Duplicate Reclamations
- Requesting Other Types of Information
How to Request Duplicate Reclamations
will provide the financial institutions with the following:
- A copy of the original Request for Refund (Check Reclamation) and/or the Notice of Direct Debit (Duplicate)
- A copy of the claim; if applicable
Before requesting information, the financial institution must be aware of the following items:
How To Notify Fiscal Service That Reclamation Notice Is Not Your Item
Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org informing Fiscal Service that your financial institution did not present the check for payment.
(Note: Do not send bank protests to this e-mail address)
The table below shows how to request:
- claim copy;
- duplicate Request for Refund (Check Reclamation) and/or the Notice of Direct Debit,
- other types of information from the Fiscal Service
Table may scroll on smaller screens
|1||Send an e-mail to the Fiscal Service email@example.com stating specifically what information is needed. Note: If Fiscal Service furnishes a sequence number and deposit date, then a check image will not be provided.
The e-mail must reference the check symbol and check serial number so the check can be identified in the Fiscal Service system.
|2||Retain a copy of the Request for Refund (Check Reclamation) and/or the Notice of Direct Debit (U.S. Treasury Check Reclamation)
NOTE: The instructions and the form for updating a financial institution's e-mail address for check reclamations are located at https://www.frbservices.org/assets/forms/fedline/fedmailservicechangeform-rv.pdf.
Last modified 07/10/18