Daily Treasury Statement
The Daily Treasury Statement summarizes the US Treasury’s cash and debt operations for the Federal Government on a modified cash basis. Deposits are reported as received and withdrawals are reported as processed.
The DTS presents a summary of:
- Operating Cash Balance
- Deposits and Withdrawals of Operating Cash
- Public Debt Transactions
- Federal Tax Deposits
- Short-Term Cash Investments
- Income Tax Refunds Issued
The information is provided by Federal Reserve Banks, Treasury Regional Financial Centers, Internal Revenue Service Centers, Bureau of the Fiscal Service and various electronic systems. Treasury’s operating cash is maintained in an account at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service is modernizing the Daily Treasury Statement (DTS) to better align its reporting with the Monthly Treasury Statement (MTS).
The following changes will occur for the DTS date of 11/12/19, published on 11/13/19:
- Adding a deposit line in Table 2 for deposits made by the Department of Commerce titled Dept of Commerce (DOC).
- Change the name of Commerce programs to Dept of Commerce (DOC) in Table 2 (Other Withdrawal section). This line will now show daily.
- Changing the names of the following departments as shown below:
- Energy Department programs to Dept of Energy (DOE) in Table 2
- Education Department programs to Dept of Education (ED) in Table 2
- Change the name of GSA programs to General Services Administration (GSA) in Table 2 (Withdrawal section).
- Change the name of GSA to General Services Administration (GSA) in Table 2 (Other Deposits section). This line will now show daily.
Stay up to Date with the Daily Treasury Statement
Subscribe to e-mail notifications!Join the Mailing List
(Selecting this button generates an e-mail message with everything filled in – just send the message. You will receive a confirmation message from the list in 15 minutes. If the e-mail does not appear, see our alternate instructions)
Last modified 10/01/19