OTCnet Release 3.6 Overview
The U.S. Treasury Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) Over the Counter Division (OTCD) is updating the Over-the-Counter Channel Application (OTCnet) to Release 3.6 in August 2021, which includes the following updates:
- Mobile Check Transactions Will be Reported to Collections Information Repository (CIR): mobile check transactions will be able to be flagged as mobile in CIR transmission files so agencies can easily identify them in CIR reports.
- Format Check Image and Research Archive (CIRA) CSV Report: CIRA CSV Report files will be formatted so that numeric values are retained and full Item Reference Numbers (IRN) are displayed.
- Support Mobile Check Capture Archiving: Release 3.6 will enhance the OTCnet system to archive mobile check transactions that are older than 18 months.
- Tax Class Mapping Updates for Check Processing: Updates to OTCnet Tax Class Mapping will be applied to Check Processing to ensure accurate tax class values are transmitted to CIR based on their respective accounting code values.
- WebLogic and Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) Upgrades: WebLogic and OHS will be upgraded to their latest compatible version, 220.127.116.11 to support TWAI’s infrastructure update.
- Support Debit Gateway’s Auto Balance Initiative: OTCnet will support Debit Gateway’s auto balance initiative by sending an autobalance file which will contain summary transaction information that is derived from an associated Forward File. The autobalance file will enhance Debit Gateway’s reconciliation processes by removing several manual steps.
- Update OTCnet User Role Permissions: The Federal Program Agency (FPA) Viewer role will be combined with Check (CHK) roles in IBM Security Identity Manager (ISIM).
- Report Updated Legal Transaction Amount to CIR: Release 3.6 will support OTCnet data quality by reporting updated legal transaction amounts to CIR for an ACR Represented Retired Transaction (RTT) with an amount change that is retired again.
- Address 508 and Other System Defects: Defects related to accessibility features, and formatting in the CIRA transmission summary description, and ensure NetKiosk works with the Kiosk application. In addition, the release will resolve a defect where OTCnet drops a deposit’s Customer Account Number (CAN) when the deposit is auto-rejected by Bank of America’s USAMM after it has been manually confirmed in OTCnet.
- Security Updates: Address several security enhancements.
New Browser Capabilities
- Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Browser: The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser will be supported throughout the entire application in areas such as: OTCnet Check Processing, Deposit Processing, Card Processing, Kiosk Tablet, Administration, OTCnet Offline services and more.