photo of cherry blossoms

Gold Book: The Check Reclamation Guide

Section 3: Information Requests


This section consists of the following topics:

  • How to Request Duplicate Reclamations
  • Requesting Other Types of Information

How to Request Duplicate Reclamations

Introduction: will provide the financial institutions with the following:

  • A copy of the original Request for Refund (Check Reclamation) and/or the Notice of Direct Debit (Duplicate)
  • A copy of the claim; if applicable

Conditions: Before requesting information, the financial institution must be aware of the following items:

How To Notify Fiscal Service That Reclamation Notice Is Not Your Item

Send an e-mail to: ckrecl@fiscal.treasury.gov informing Fiscal Service that your financial institution did not present the check for payment.
(Note: Do not send bank protests to this e-mail address)

Requesting Information

Procedure: The table below shows how to request:

  • claim copy;
  • duplicate Request for Refund (Check Reclamation) and/or the Notice of Direct Debit,
  • other types of information from the Fiscal Service
1 Send an e-mail to the Fiscal Service ckrecl@fiscal.treasury.gov stating specifically what information is needed. Note: If Fiscal Service furnishes a sequence number and deposit date, then a check image will not be provided.

The e-mail must reference the check symbol and check serial number so the check can be identified in the Fiscal Service system.
2 Retain a copy of the Request for Refund (Check Reclamation) and/or the Notice of Direct Debit (U.S. Treasury Check Reclamation)

NOTE: The instructions and the form for updating a financial institution's e-mail address for check reclamations are located at https://www.frbservices.org/assets/forms/fedline/fedmailservicechangeform-rv.pdf.

Open Gov   My Money.gov   USA.gov
Linked In   Twitter   Facebook   You Tube   RSS Feed